THE 71ST HUSKY INVITATIONAL
PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
What: 71st Annual Husky Invitational
When: December 6 – December 8, 2019
Where: Weyerhauser King County Aquatic Center, Federal Way, WA
2019 Meet Info:
IMPORTANT UPDATES (11/14/19): Please note the following–
- Waitlist: We are no longer able to reserve spaces and will begin a waitlist starting on Monday, November 18. We will accept entries without limitation through Sunday night (11/17) at midnight (PST). Entries received after 11/17/19 from teams that are not currently listed HERE will be placed on a waitlist and notified of acceptance after the entry deadline of 11/25/19.
- Entries: We are closing in on our expected cap of 850 swimmers. If you plan to attend and are not listed, you need to submit entries ASAP. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Stratton. If you have previously contacted Ryan or BD regarding entry space, your team is automatically included in the meet. We will do our best to accommodate all entries.
- Relays: We made a small adjustment to relays. In order to allow for team scoring, all relays swum as SCY will be scored. Any relay swum in finals as LCM will not be scored. Each team will have the choice of swimming SCY or LCM, with the top 8 seeded relays that choose LCM being allowed to swim at finals as a nonscoring event.
FORMAT: This year’s meet will be run as SCY during prelims and LCM during finals. This should present a great opportunity for some early Trials cuts and we look forward to seeing some fast swims.
MEET INVITATION (Updated 10/22/19): CLICK HERE for the official meet announcement.
TIME STANDARDS: CLICK HERE to download a copy of the time standards. Standards are only applicable to USA Swimming Teams. NCAA (or equivalent) programs are not subject to the qualifying standards.
MEET ENTRY FILES: There are two entry files. Please use the correct version based on your status as a club or collegiate team.
- Club Teams: CLICK HERE for Entry File with Standards
- Collegiate Teams: CLICK HERE for Entry File without Standards
MEET REFEREE: Ron Van Pool | Email Ron
LOCATION: Weyerhaeuser King County Aquatic Center, 650 SW Campus Drive, Federal Way, WA. Directions: North or South on I-5 take exit 142B, west on 348th (becomes Campus Way after crossing 1st Ave. S.) Pool is on the right side approximately 1-¼ miles from I-5.
FACILITY: World Class Aquatic Facility. Site of the 1990 Goodwill Games and 1991, 1994, 1997, 2000 and 2006 Spring National Championships, and the 2006 Men’s NCAA Championships. Indoor 50 meter, 9 feet deep, 8-lane competitive pool is divided by bulkheads into two 25-yard courses. Prelims may be conducted using two courses, with format determined at the coaches meeting on Friday morning. Finals will be conducted on one course only. Diving pool will be available for continual warm-up. 2500 spectator seats.
ELIGIBILITY: All swimmers must be registered with USA Swimming, a FINA member covered under USA Swimming’s “open border” policy, or a member of an NCAA (or respective collegiate governing body) collegiate team .
MEET INFORMATION: Each swimmer may enter up to a maximum of six (6) individual events for the meet, with a maximum of three (3) per day. Relays do not count towards the total. Entries exceeding this limit will be scratched without notification. There are no Bonus events. No deck entries will be permitted for either individual or relay events. There will be no switching or substitutions of events for athletes entered in the meet.